Throw kids, parents, dogs, dog owners, hipsters, sunbathers, drunks, drug dealers and soccer players all in a pot together, and what do you get? Dolores Park, of course.
All of the Dolores Park’s stakeholders have closely watched the community-driven planning process, trying to ensure that their little slice of paradise remains unspoiled.
Now, the final version of the community-driven renovation plan has been released. Thanks to Uptown Almanac for requesting and publishing online maps of the proposal from The City.
- No astroturf soccer fields
- New bathroom building near 18th & Church, designed to handle 2,500 persons/day
- A pissoir!
- New plaza at 20th and Church, complete with “decorative paving and benches”
- The clubhouse/bathroom building is gone, replaced by a tai chi plaza
- Two dog play areas, one surrounded by a half-fence, one open
- Bike polo court
- No mobile food court within the park
The City will use the community design to formulate a final rehabilitation plan, expected in February.