49ers’ Ray Mc­Donald accused of sexual assault

San Jose police obtained a warrant to search the East San Jose home of San Francisco 49ers player Ray McDonald after a woman claimed that he sexually assaulted her on Monday, a police spokeswoman said.

At 10:43 a.m. Tuesday, police received a call from a local hospital about a possible sexual assault victim being treated and officers responded to interview a woman there, according to police Sgt. Heather Randol.

Police, based on a preliminary investigation, learned that the woman claimed to have been sexually assaulted on Monday and that the alleged suspect was McDonald, Randol said.

The Police Department’s sexual assaults investigations unit conducted a follow-up investigation, obtained a search warrant and served it at McDonald’s home in San Jose, police said. No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing, Randol said.

Last month, the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office decided not to file charges against McDonald in an alleged domestic violence dispute at his home. McDonald, 29, is currently a defensive lineman for the 49ers.