A man and woman from Santa Rosa face consecutive life terms in prison in the sexual abuse of a child who was raped and gave birth to two children by the man while the woman tried to cover up for him, according to the Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office.
Eloy Cazares-Perez, 57, and Flor Angelica Garcia-Morte, 51, were convicted by a jury Wednesday in Superior Court in Santa Rosa on multiple counts of sexual assault of a child under 14, rape and lewd acts on a child, prosecutors said.
Cazares-Perez was also convicted of personal infliction of great bodily injury during the commission of some of the crimes against the victim, according to the district attorney’s office.
Prosecutors said that Cazares-Perez and Garcia-Morte repeatedly sexually assaulted the girl and deliberately concealed what happened in order to continue abusing the girl.
The child had been raised in Mexico by Garcia-Morte and when the girl turned 8 years old, Garcia-Morte began a relationship with Cazares-Perez, who then started to molest the girl and continued to so after they moved to Santa Rosa, according to prosecutors.
The molestation went from touching to rape when the girl was 11 and after she turned 13, she became pregnant by Cazares-Perez.
The couple then removed the girl from her middle school in Santa Rosa and forced her to assume a different name and date of birth so that she would appear to be 18 years old when she delivered the child, prosecutors said.
Sixteen months after having the first child, she gave birth to Cazares-Perez’s second child, according to prosecutors.
The victim said that she repeatedly told Garcia-Morte what happened and requested her help, but the defendant told her to stop complaining and that Cazares-Perez was supporting them, prosecutors said.
Garcia-Morte also arranged for the falsification of the girl’s name and date of birth, they said.
Cazares-Perez and Garcia-Morte now face multiple consecutive life terms in prison when they are sentenced on June 18, according to the office.