Two brothers entered not guilty pleas Monday and will face trial in July on assault charges for the alleged attack on two people in a bathroom during a San Francisco 49ers game at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara last year, a deputy district attorney said.
Following a preliminary hearing last month, Dario and Amador Rebollero were ordered to stand trial for the Oct. 5 alleged assault and had their formal arraignment hearing this afternoon in Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose, Deputy District Attorney Deborah Hernandez said.
Around 1:20 p.m. on Oct. 5, a stadium employee alerted police of a fight in a men’s bathroom where officers were able to detain the brothers, who had attempted to flee the scene, police said.
The victims were both hospitalized and one was released a short time afterward, according to police.
The other victim was in serious condition and still required treatment more than 10 days after the alleged incident, police said.
The Rebollero brothers had been arraigned back in October based on the initial complaint and afterwards prosecutors collected medical records from providers of both victims, which took a while to obtain, Hernandez said.
The preliminary hearing was held on May 22, when Judge David Chapman heard testimony from the victim who suffered less severe injuries, police officers and a witness who videotaped the alleged incident and posted the footage online, according to Hernandez.
Amador Rebollero, 27, was arraigned today on two felony charges of assault likely to cause great bodily injury, Hernandez said.
One of the two charges Amador Rebollero is facing includes a great bodily injury enhancement involving the first victim, who suffered the more severe injuries after the alleged assault and is still recovering from his injuries, Hernandez said.
He remains in custody in lieu of $250,000 bail, according to jail records.
Dario Rebollero, 34, was arraigned on a felony charge of assault likely to cause great bodily injury to the second victim, Hernandez said.
Dario, who Hernandez said wasn’t as involved in the alleged assault, had posted $150,000 bail early on in the case and is out of custody.
His bail was reduced to $75,000 during the May 22 preliminary hearing, she said.
A trial in the case was set for July 13.