Gas leak clears Stanford frat house


A Stanford University fraternity was evacuated because of a gas leak Tuesday afternoon, Palo Alto fire officials said.

Fire crews were notified of a gas leak at 1047 Campus Drive around 3:50 p.m., according to a fire dispatcher.

A construction crew digging in the area hit a gas line, causing the leak, according to Palo Alto fire Battalion Chief Kevin McNally.

Firefighters evacuated a nearby fraternity and waited for PG&E to respond and stop the leak. The gas leak was stopped about an hour later, McNally said.

No injuries were reported.

Uber settles lawsuit after driver kills 6-year-old

Previous article

Activists rally against immigration backlash after killing

Next article


Comments are closed.

You may also like

More in News