Heater suspected in Outer Sunset fire
A fire in the basement of a residential building in San Francisco’s Outer Sunset neighborhood Monday morning displaced two people and caused smoke damage to the property, according to a fire department spokeswoman.
The fire was reported at 10:31 a.m. in the basement of a three-story residential building on 43rd Avenue near Judah Street, San Francisco fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
Talmadge said firefighters arrived and found that the blaze had extended to the back of the building.
Firefighters were able to get water on the fire by 10:38 a.m. and had the blaze under control at 11:13 a.m., Talmadge said.
The fire caused smoke damage in the units above and caused two people to be displaced, according to Talmadge.
She said no injuries were reported and that residents mentioned to firefighters that a heater might have sparked the blaze.