Smoke evacuates Burton Federal Building
A faulty motor caused smoke that led to the evacuation of five floors of the Phillip Burton Federal Building in San Francisco Thursday morning, fire officials said.
The 16th through 20th floors of the building at 450 Golden Gate Ave. were evacuated shortly after 11 a.m.
Firefighters searched the building and found a faulty motor that was responsible for the smoke. As of about 11:45 a.m., the smoke was dissipating and the floors were expected to reopen soon, according to the San Francisco Fire Department.