Students return to class after report of gas odor
Students at an elementary school in San Francisco’s Bernal Heights neighborhood have returned to class after having been evacuated earlier Friday morning.
At around 9:30 a.m., someone reported detecting an odor of gas at Leonard R. Flynn Elementary School, located at 3125 Cesar Chavez St., San Francisco Fire Department spokesman Lt. Jonathan Baxter said.
Students were evacuated as a precaution. Firefighters however quickly determined the report was unfounded, Baxter said.
The report of the gas odor may have been related to an earlier incident, involving a minor gas leak that occurred at the school before students had arrived. PG&E reportedly responded earlier and mitigated the leak, according to Baxter.
No injuries were reported.