13-year-old girl makes false kidnapping claim

Police in Milpitas have determined a 13-year-old girl who reported being kidnapped from her home earlier this month was not abducted.

On Feb. 7 at 8:23 p.m., the Milpitas Police Department received a call of a 13-year-old girl missing from her home on Edsel Drive.

The girl was located at 9:04 p.m. and reported being abducted by two men in a light colored sedan, police said.

The juvenile initially reported the two men forced her out of her home and forced her to walk down the street and into a vehicle.

She reported the suspects drove her around the north side of San Jose before she was able to escape and call her family, police said.

Police said investigators determined the abduction did not occur, and the 13-year-old was cited for falsely reporting a criminal offense and released to her parents.