News

Burning candle may have sparked Richmond fire

0

A burning candle igniting¬†a blanket may have caused a three-alarm fire at an apartment building in San Francisco’s Richmond District that injured a firefighter and three tenants early Friday¬†morning, according to police.

But firefighters say that determination is premature and the fire remains under investigation.

The fire broke out at about 1:45 a.m. at an apartment building at 453 23rd Ave., according to the fire department. Two men were critically injured, one for burns and the other for smoke inhalation. A third suffered minor injuries, fire officials said.

While they were fighting the fire, one firefighter suffered a cut to the arm and was taken to a hospital but released later this morning in good condition.

Photos posted by the fire department showed heavy flames on the roof of the three-story Victorian building. There were two adjoining buildings on the property that were both damaged in the blaze, displacing 25 residents.

A cat was rescued from one of the buildings.

Gusty storm slams, soaks Bay Area

Previous article

Oakland hills landslide cuts water service

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Comments are closed.

More in News