Paint rags spark pricey house fire
Santa Rosa fire investigators report paint-stained rags spontaneously combusted on Saturday, causing $100,000 in damage to a local home.
The fire was first reported around 2:45 p.m. at 508 Buena Vista Dr.
Four engines and one truck responded, and had the fire under control by 3:12 p.m., according to fire officials.
Residents told investigators they’d used the rags to stain their fence on Friday.
According to investigators, the rags were left uncontained in the dirt alongside the home, and they combusted due to the afternoon heat.
No injuries have been reported as a result of the fire.