This is all you need to know about free agents who can make an immediate impact for the Oakland Raiders in 2015:
Re-signed with Buffalo
2. LB Jason Worilds Predominantly an OLB, Worilds can play inside as well. And he excels there.
3. LB Pernell McPhee Oakland could have McPhee play outside, with Mack as a defensive end. There’d be a lot of pass-rush there, with nowhere for a ballcarrier to run.
Signed with Chicago
4. G Mike Iupati Iupati is one of the best run-blockers in the league. If he plays at right guard, Oakland’s run game would be much improved.
Signed by Arizona
Signed by Oakland
6. CB Buster Skrine The best free agent option on the market for Oakland at corner. Only 25 years old, and a physical presence. Skrine could be the hottest cornerback on the market.
Signed by New York Jets
Signed by Jacksonville
8. FS Rahim Moore A cheaper and younger version of McCourty, Moore isn’t elite, and may never be. But he’s a significant upgrade over what the Raiders have.
Signed with Houston
9. G Clint Boling Perfect for the vacancy at right guard, Boling excels in run blocking.
Re-signed with Cincinnati
10. CB Shareece Wright The most overlooked corner on the market. Wright has taken time to grow wings, but has started the last two seasons in San Diego. Can do a lot of things well.
Signed by Oakland
12. Da’Norris Searcy The most underrated safety on the market. Searcy is a thumper, a badass, and can cover well. He instantly adds toughness to any defense.
Signed with Tennessee
13. LB Brandon Spikes Known as a two-down middle backer, Spikes is a hard-hitting tackler who instantly boosts a team’s run defense. Might be fairly cheap.
14. RT Joe Barksdale -Barksdale isn’t someone who can play left tackle well, but is a power running team’s best friend. Virtually no injury history.
16. DT Terrance Knighton Should Suh not sign with Oakland, Knighton would serve as a pretty good consolation. Has expressed strong interest in Oakland.
Signed with Washington
17. WR Torrey Smith Difficult to rank on an Oakland offense. Fluid route runner with great speed. Smith may not have enough to truly fill a need with Oakland.
Signed by San Francisco
18. LB A.J. Hawk His name is awesome, but that’s not the only thing. Inside backer, hard hitter, and ties to McKenzie. Hawk could be a great short term value signing.
Signed by Cincinnati
19. RB Reggie Bush Yeah, he’s 30. Yeah, he’s got an injury history. Yeah, he’s still got something left in the tank. Bush can mentor any young runner on Oakland’s offense. And tell them to steer clear of all Kardashians.
20. TE Lance Kendricks Big bodied tight end who can excel in two-tight end sets. Good blocker with reliable hands. Not too much for speed.
Re-signed with St. Louis
Jason Leskiw is SFBay’s Oakland Raiders beat writer and member of the Professional Football Writers of America. Follow @SFBay and @LeskiwSFBay on Twitter and at SFBay.ca for full coverage of the Oakland Raiders.