The 49ers released their official 53-man-roster Saturday after the team announced 35 moves over the past two days.
In addition to 17 roster moves made on Friday, San Francisco tacked on another 18 before the 1 p.m. PST deadline set for Saturday afternoon.
In total, San Francisco released four players, waived nine and placed five on season ending injury reserve.
All 18 players cut, waived and placed on IR are as follows:
- TE Blake Bell
- LB Austin Calitro
- WR DeAndre Carter
- OL JP Flynn
- TE Cole Hikutini
- QB Nick Mullens
- DL Noble Nwachukwu
- WR DeAndre Smelter
- OL Darrell Williams Jr.
The release of wide receiver Kerley and the season-ending injury reserve placement of rookie running back Joe Williams top the list as most surprising but the reminder of moves fit the trend of Friday’s transactions.
Getting rid of Kerley wasn’t a move that was commonly projected but ultimately makes sense considering the production of rookies Trent Taylor, Kendrick Bourne, Aldrich Robinson and Victor Bolden.
Although Kerley led the 49ers in receiving yards in 2016, an injury riddled training camp coupled with an uninspiring preseason made him more expendable than originally predicted.
In Joe Williams situation, an ankle injury suffered in Week 3 has landed him on the injury reserve list for the season.
Unable to rejoin the team as an active player until the 2018 season, it looks as though the 49ers want to keep Williams stashed for a year to work on his game after he showed signs of having issues holding onto the ball.
After all was said and done, the 49ers tentative 53-man roster looks like this:
- QB (2): Brian Hoyer, C.J. Beathard
- RB (3): Carlos Hyde, Matt Breida, Raheem Mostert
- FB (1): Kyle Juszczyk
- WR (6): Pierre Garçon, Marquise Goodwin, Aldrick Robinson, Trent Taylor, Victor Bolden, Kendrick Bourne
- TE (3): George Kittle, Logan Paulsen, Garrett Celek
- OT (4): Joe Staley, Trent Brown, John Theus, Garry Gilliam
- OG (3): Zane Beadles, Brandon Fusco, Laken Tomlinson
- C (2): Daniel Kilgore, Erik Magnuson
- DT (4): DeForest Buckner, Earl Mitchell, D.J. Jones, Tank Carradine
- DE (6): Arik Armstead, Solomon Thomas, Elvis Dumervil, Ronald Blair, Aaron Lynch, Pita Taumoepenu
- OLB (2): Eli Harold, Dekoda Watson
- MLB (4): NaVorro Bowman, Reuben Foster, Ray Ray Armstrong, Brock Coyle
- CB (5): Rashard Robinson, Dontae Johnson, K’Waun Williams, Ahkello Witherspoon, Keith Reaser
- S (5): Jimmie Ward, Eric Reid, Jaquiski Tartt, Lorenzo Jerome, Adrian Colbert
- K (1): Robbie Gould
- P (1): Bradley Pinion
- LS (1): Kyle Nelson
Important note: The 49ers are No. 2 in regards to waiver priority meaning that they will have the second dibs at players waived by other teams.
San Francisco will likely be making additional moves with their position as the waiver wires open on Sunday.