0

The source of a strong ammonia smell that prompted the hazardous materials closure of a block of South B Street in San Mateo on Sunday morning has been identified by the San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department as a fluid leak from an unmaintained freezer.

The freezer was located in an apartment building at 1427 South B St., according to San Mateo police.

San Mateo Police Department A block of South B Street in San Mateo, Calif. was closed Sunday, November 10, 2019 due to a strong ammonia smell found to be coming from a leaking, unmaintained freezer.

In a Nixle update at 9:45 a.m., the police department said:

“Officials have contained the source and cleared the scene.”

Dean Preston to bring ‘new vision’ to City Hall as District 5 supe

Previous article

Men struck by arrows on Richmond trail say they know attacker

Next article

You may also like

More in Environment